CITY OF SEYMOUR-CITY COUNCIL
Regular City Council Meeting, Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 7:00 P.M. at the Portwood Arts and Civic Center, 800 E. Morris, Seymour, TX 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all of its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
CALL TO ORDER / ROLL CALL / PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
ANNOUNCEMENTS FROM THE MAYOR:
CITIZENS QUESTIONS AND / OR COMMENTS:
1. CONSIDER APPROVING
a. Approve meeting minutes from Thursday, April 18, 2013.
END OF CONSENT AGENDA
Regular Meeting ends and Public Hearing begins
Public Hearing to consider Ordinance No. 2013-02, Ordinance of the City Council regarding stop signs at the “T” intersection of North River and West Custer Street.
Public Hearing ends and Regular Meeting resumes
3. Discuss, consider and take action regarding Ordinance No. 2013-02, to place stop signs at the corner of North River Street and West Custer Street.
4. Discuss, consider and take action regarding request from Jennipher & Gerry Brigman, owners of the Big Bop Soda Shop, located at 107 N. Washington Street.
5. Discuss, consider and take action regarding bid received from Bobby Morrow, for property described as 707 N. Tackitt Street, Lot 16, Block 6, Mclain Addition in the
6. Discuss, consider and take action regarding bids received for property described as 211 N. Arkansas Street, property described as Lot 12, Block 39, Morris Addition.
Sharon Slate placed bid of $1,551.00
7. Discuss, consider and take action regarding bid received from Kristopher Humpert, for property described as 410 W. Custer Street, Lot 10, Block ½ of 1, Kile Addition in the
8. Discuss, consider and take action regarding bid from Doyle James, for property described as S/53’ of SE/4, Block 1, S & D Addition in the amount of $150.00.
9. Discuss, consider and take action regarding request from Seymour Volunteer Fire Department, regarding financial assistance to expand SVFD Building and allow the
10. Canvass of Election Returns regarding May 11, 2013, General Election for two-year terms for Mayoral Position, Councilmember Place #2 and Councilmember Place #4 as
( Escrutinio de elecciones devuelve ellecciones generals del 11 de Mayo de 2013, por periodos de dos anos para posicion Alcalde, lugar de miembro de Consejo 2 y 4, revisado por el Subcomite de escrutinio concejal, Monty Glass y Donald Coltharp. Juez de elecciones, Kathy Harper, presentar el escrutinio de elecciones.)
11. Consider Approving a Resolution Declaring the Results of 2013 City Officer Election(s).
(Considerar la aprobacion de una resolucion declarando los resultados de 2013, posicion alcalde y elecciones de official de la cuidad.)
12. Statement of Elected Officer signed and filed with the City Secretary from City Council For Mayoral Position, Councilmember Place #2; David Horton and
(Declaracion del funcionario electo firmado y presentado con la Secretaria del Ayuntamiento de la cuidad por posicion alcalde, concejales Coloque 2 y 4.)
13. Oath of Office Administered to Mayor, City Council Member Place #2 and City Councilmember Place #4.
(Juramento de posesion administrado a alcalde,
14. Certificates of Election issued to Mayor, City Council Member Place #2 and City Council Member Place #4.
(Certificados de eleccion a posicion alcalde,
15. Discuss, consider and take action regarding appointment of Council Member to serve as Mayor Pro-Tempore for the City of Seymour, Council Year 2013-2014.
Regular Meeting Ends and Executive Session begins
16. The Seymour City Council will convene in closed session as authorized by Texas Government Code, Chapter 551, Section 551.074; General Discussion regarding Personnel- Water/Sewer, R.O., Electric, SFRE, Street, Park and Administrative Department(s).
17. Discuss and take action resulting from
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the
SEYMOUR CITY COUNCIL • PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING • Thursday • May18, 2013 • 7:00 p.m